Sunday, January 7, 2007

Module 3: Publishing on the 'Internet'

I printed the Module 3 reading material and tasks which I read during the day today. It all seemed pretty straight forward, however I was only able to click on all the links to see the websites when I got home.

Learning about the 'linear' and 'non linear' documents on the WWW makes a lot of sense.

One of the things that I look for are direct answers to questions that I need answers for when I'm looking in the WWW. For example, when seeking information about products I like to see the picture of the product, model numbers and explanatory notes. If there is a lot of text about the product with no pictures or diagrams, I usually skip the website and move on to the next one. I prefer 'non linear' websites more.

When it comes to links, there is nothing worse then websites that have false advertised web links. In other words, the links that the websites direct you to have nothing to do with what you are looking for.

No comments: